A House of Cards

Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello there...

Remember me? Sorry I haven't been around lately. I just haven't had a lot to post. I do have a few things to share today, though.

I have been working with the March kit for my LSS, Scrapbook Mania. I got to work with My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow "Grow" line. I always love MME, so this kit was so easy to work with. The colors were right up my alley! I managed 3 layouts and 2 cards and I used up most of the kit with just a few little bits left over. Love it when that happens!




I did a lot of inking on the paper frills, since only orange came in the kit. It is a quick and easy way to add color to your projects. Very cost effective too, if you already have the ink pads.
Another thing I did was to paint the letter stickers in the "puppy love" layout using green acrylic paint. Just place them on a piece of wax paper and lightly dab them with a sponge brush. A great way to help you use up all those letter stickers you have that are not quite the right shade or color for you project.
Well, that is all for me today. Thank you all so much for stopping by! :)

10 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

now.. what are you eating? spill? those are super gorgeous it must be something in your diet that makes you super creative like that! and really.. yay! you're BACK! :D

Kandis Smith said...

Love each and every one of these Roree! Fab cards and GORGEOUS layouts girl!

Unknown said...

gorgeous, gorgeous work roree... you worked wonders with the MME {one of my fave manufacturers too!}.
hope that all is well with you!
hugs!!
~rae

Anonymous said...

Great projects and I love your tip about painting letter stickers to match your project - I never would have thought of that!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations as always Roree.
Love your tips on painting & inking too :)

Kathy K said...

Wow, these are all super fun and beautiful!!! I really love the colors -- they just totally pop!

I have been meaning to thank you for that AWESOME candy you sent my way. I got it a couple of days ago and just kept forgetting to write. I will put ALL of it to great use! Thank you again!

Nina said...

Roreeeee! I've been missing your updates lately, but they are worth waiting for. You never disappoint me. Those pages and cards are STUNNING! You're the best. Happy scrapping! :)

XOX
//Nina

Christine said...

These projects are all stunning! You did a wonderful job with the MME line! I love the stitched heart on the puppy layout as well as the stitched flower stems on the thank you card. The tips you've shared are so cool! Thank so much for sharing them!

Carole Beath said...

I've said it before and I will say it again. I break into a huge smile when I visit your blog and I find bright and colorful and wonderful cards and projects you've posted. Just love your work, girl.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I really like them also.

India